Teacher and Facilitator
Jo Meredith has a varied career as a dance teacher and facilitator for students of all levels, ages and abilities.
Pre-Vocational Youth Dance
- Jo was Creative Director of ENB Youth Co between 2015-2019 where she developed a creative training programme for young pre- vocational dancers and taught them ballet and contemporary dance.
- She is a Contemporary Teacher for the LSC Saturday Associate Programme, which trains pre-vocational young dancers.
- She works with the National Youth Ballet, nurturing the student’s choreography in preparation for their annual choreographic competition.
- Jo wrote the 3rd Year ‘Employability’ module for London Studio Centre, and is a guest lecturer on the module.
- She is associate Lecturer in Choreography at London Studio Centre.
Young Dancers with SEND needs.
- Jo worked for The Vale SEND School in Tottenham for seven years. During her time there she worked with students with a variety of physical and learning difficulties. She created an extra class for PMLD students, added dance into the primary school curriculum and created links with Haringey Sixth Form Centre ensuring that students could continue dance post 16. She also helped to devise and choreograph a number of performance projects which the students performed at venues including Sadlers Wells, Wilton’s Music Hall and at Ypres.
Dance in Schools
- Jo devised and delivered numerous workshops for the National Youth Ballet engagement programme taking workshops to primary schools across the South East.
- She taught for The Royal Academy of Dance’s Step Into Dance programme, working in secondary schools across London.
- Jo worked with Birmingham Royal Ballet and The Royal Albert Hall to deliver a ballet workshop to a group of older participants.
- She worked with Sadlers Wells to devise a choreography for Silver Routes, a community project for dancers over 55.
Photography: © Laurent Liotardo, Mikah Smillie